Boat Building Between the Bridges

1913 – LOWERY ISLAND MARINE WAYS…
Pascagoula Chronicle, 30 Aug 1913. A Deed of Conveyance was given Saturday by F. H. Lewis, W. M. Canty, E. J. Jane’, W. R. Kell and J. A. Tabor to the United States, for a strip of land 100 x 400 feet on LOWERY ISLAND, opposite this city for the CONSTRUCTION OF MARINE WAYS.

Land adjoins the property on which is NOW LOCATED THE GOVERNMENT SHIPS, WAREHOUSES and MACHINE SHOP.