Honoring Mississippi’s Maritime Heritage from 1699 …
Builders of schooners, tall ships, steamboats, barges, passenger ships, skiffs, shrimp, fishing boats and warships for America’s Navy
Be sure to read the ever-evolving history and current events of ships built in Pascagoula and other Jackson County MS cities. Peruse the ‘Recent Posts’ section located to the right of or below in each page, choose to get ‘Specific Feeds’ for ‘Posts’ by clicking on the first social media icon at right or below, or simply use the Search bar near the top of each page to find interesting facts about the many, many boats, ships, and other marine craft that make our area unique!
Mississippi is a Navy State with Navy Connections
- Mississippi River
Gulf of Mexico
- Mississippi’s Naval Heritage
- A look at Museums in and around Mississippi
- Plans & prospects for a Mississippi Maritime Museum
- The state itself – USS Mississippi
- First was a side-wheel steamship
- Served in the Mexican-American War
Be sure to read the various categories of Blogs at our site for more detailed information.